9.13.2004

snow boots

I would like to reiterate that Napolean Dynamite is a great, great movie. Napolean wears snowboots, plays tether ball, and dances real good.
I'm going to see Alien versus Predator tonight, and I'm all jacked up!!! I hope that Predator wins.
I'd like to soften my critique of Unitarian Universalism. It's not such a bad religion; it just needs a little love. I think the word "liberal" has become meaningless. The truth is, basically everybody in this country is liberal. Basically, everyone agrees that your sex, your race, your height, your odor, your ethnic background, your itchiness level, whatever, shouldn't keep you from having the same rights and responsibilities as everyone else. And, basically everyone agrees that people should be educated and should learn about lots of ideas so that they can pick the ones that seem most plausable. That, to me, is liberalism in its traditional sense. But, worldwide, liberalism still has a long way to go. Women are still horribly oppressed worldwide, free thought and education is stifled, and tribal/ethnic/racial/religious conflicts still run amok. UU, for all of its faults, is certainly a champion of liberalism. A little more liberalism in religion and a little less fundamentalism ain't so bad.

No comments: