1.25.2005

rank

One of my friends likes to play a game called "rank," where he names things and has people rank them. One popular rank was the following: Favorite Rural America Event: Haunted House, County Fair, Themed Festival, Amusement Park.

The New York Times had an interesting article on global environmental rankings. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/24/science/24enviro.html

I'm still not sure why I'm supposed to be a big fan of the Bush daughters, Andrew. They seem pretty cool I guess.

My computer got this nasty Trojan Horse virus the other day. It really sucked. I had to reinstall windows, and it was a big pain in the ass. Now I'm using the Firefox browser instead of explorer so I can avoid any other viral occurences.


3 comments:

Andrew said...

I'm still not sure why I'm supposed to be a big fan of the Bush daughters, Andrew. They seem pretty cool I guess. ..Dude, Jenna's barely a secret service agent and a temper tantrum away from being on Girls Gone Wild. Just imagine, "I hate you daddy! You took away my childhood!". She's got the crazy Dubya genes. It's inevitable.

Anonymous said...

I must be missing something with the whole pagerank thing. I mean, if I go after a keyword, and I get it to the top position in the search engines, why should I care at all about the pr that is going to show in the google bar. It shouldn't matter at all, to anyone. After all, the whole point is to grab those top positions, and you can do that just fine without having high google pr.

Anonymous said...

I must be missing something with the whole pagerank thing. I mean, if I go after a keyword, and I get it to the top position in the search engines, why should I care at all about the pr that is going to show in the google bar. It shouldn't matter at all, to anyone. After all, the whole point is to grab those top positions, and you can do that just fine without having high google pr.