7.26.2005

*Geek Alert - Video Stuff

I can't find adequate words to describe how cool this is, but here goes. There is open source software for video editing, 3D animation, and color correction available for free, which, if it were produced by a big name for profit, would run you in the thousands of dollars. And from what I can tell, it's really damn powerful. Unfortunately, that usually translates into user-unfriendly. But give it a shot if you're feeling the flow, just scroll down to the post titled "The Poor Person's Production Suite."

In a similar vein to my last post; the tools are out there, free of charge, to create high quality video content and make it available to mass audiences. If there exists the kind of talent needed to write the code to create and develop this production quality software [and make 'em available for nothing out of the sheer love of doing it], then there exists the kind of talent needed to take full advantage of said software and flood the marketplace with creative, high-quality video content. I am so f'n sick of seeing tripe like "Hell's Kitchen" or "Survivor - Whatever" hit my TV, that I would be happy to spend my entertainment-time surfing around on my computer for something worth my while, if I knew I could find it.

Bring it on.

No comments: