4.25.2006

Lateness

I fucking hate lateness. More specifically, I hate the mindset that causes lateness (as opposed to lateness caused by unforeseen external forces, which I excuse). I hate it when concerts start an hour and a half later than advertised. I hate that everyone knows that concerts don’t start on time and act accordingly. I hate it when people decide not to go to a party at the time it’s supposed to begin specifically because they don’t want to be there before everyone else arrives. I hate it when people ask me to meet them somewhere, I show up at the agreed upon time and they are consistently never there, but always “about to leave” or “on their way”. I hate that honoring time commitments has often made people consider me to be obsessive, as if merely trying to keep one’s word is somehow an extreme overachievement. Arrgggh!

No comments: